Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mad Men, Life on Mars, and Other Delights

Finally started watching Mad Men, didn't go out and buy it mind you. Netflix baby. It's actually an interesting show and I'm really enjoying it. Don Draper is a bit of a tool, personally I'd like to see more of some of the other characters. Definitely going to add season 2 to my queue.

Life on Mars came out on DVD today. Waiting till Friday to get it. I really wish that life would've lasted a little longer. Such a terrific show, interesting, incredible cast, and just down right fun. However, it seems that a lot of the shows that actually require thought don't last too long. Of course that just might be me being bitter about loosing a weekly installment of Michael Imperioli and awesome 70s music. A show worth checking out. The best summation of this show "Like the UK version; except with less tea and more ass kicking."

Hooked on Alias! Holy crap! I have no words to describe how much I adore this show... that's a lie, I can find the words. Spy shows are going to win me over every time. They have ever since I was a little girl, running around dressed all in black, calling myself Jane Bond. There's humor in it, constant ass kicking, disguises, gadgets and Victor Garber. Everything required for an awesome show. Who would've thought that the best friend from Sleepless in Seattle would make such an awesome Spy-dad. Also Tarantino makes a couple of appearances... that's where I lack words. There was a small appearance by Ricky Gervais as well, Jack Bristow kicks his ass. So worth buying season 3. I'm working my way through season 4 right now and will get around to 5 shortly.

Have found myself enjoying NCIS lately. Considering that it's on a constant loop on USA and that my dad and sister are both big fans. I always avoided because I didn't want to get sucked into another crime show but this one seems to be original in its mannerisms.

Watched the movie Management with my sister this afternoon. It's Steve Zahn and Jennifer Anniston. An okay movie, drags a bit here and there. Kind of a way to tell those future stalkers out there that if you persist it'll work out for ya. Not required viewing by any means, but there are worse things you could watch.

Well that's about all for tonight.

No comments: