Sunday, September 13, 2009

VMAs 09

I totally forgot that the VMAs were on tonight, not that I would've watched them. But I've been waiting for Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami to start, so I threw it on.
A number of things:

1. What kind of absolute d-bag does something like that! So Taylor Swift wins for Best Female Video. She has just begun her acceptance speech and they were doing some audience shots of the other nominees. They go back to the stage and Kayne West is there, he's taken the microphone out of Taylor's hand and starts on about how Beyonce's video was the best. He then gives her the mic back and walks off the stage. Leaving a shocked Taylor there, unsure what to say as anyone would be. Who seriously does that? To a 19 year old girl who just won her first VMA? It just blows my freaking mind. I don't care who you think should've won, you don't do that to another person.
His half-ass apology is online already and attempts to defend his outburst by saying that he's a "fan of real pop culture." What does that mean? Does country not count? I'm pretty sure that it's just as much a part of pop culture as rap, hip-hop, pop, metal, any musical variation that emerges from this culture. Just because someone doesn't appreciate it, doesn't mean it's not apart of our culture.

2. I have never been a big fan of Beyonce. I like Jennifer Hudson much more. But she was very classy tonight. After winning an award later on in the show she brought Taylor out on stage and let her finish her speech. Such a decent thing to do and I really respect her for that.

3. What hell is Lady GaGa wearing? First it was some kind of bird's nest around her face, then she performed and... hung herself, I think? Then they came back and she was wearing this thing that made her look like the Red Queen in chess.

I think I might watch the full replay later. I had been doing homework for school and got online afterwards. There was this tidal wave of things about Kayne.

I'm not all that familiar with a lot of the people up for awards, so there isn't much else to weigh in on.

There will be some more updates soon with more movie reviews. Also premier week is coming up on the networks and THE EMMYS! Should be worlds better then last year.

That's all for tonight.

--Geek Girl

No comments: