Friday, September 25, 2009

Premier Weeks and Other Things

First off. The sad news. It's been confirmed that Vincent D'Onofrio is leaving Criminal Intent at the beginning of the 9th season. He said in one article that he was ready to leave and thought that they've done everything they can with the character of Goren. As a CI fan I'm so incredibly bummed to hear this. As a VDO fan I'm excited that this might mean a few more movies with him. I don't know yet if I'll keep watching CI, I started to watch it for the expressed purpose of weekly D'Onofrio and I just don't really care for Jeff Goldblum in this role. Also I'm not sure how they're going to do this. The actress who had been Chris Noth's partner, then Jeff Goldblum's is leaving the show and most articles say that Kathryn Erbe and Eric Bogosian are going to be phased out. Basically they're going to be starting from scratch.



On to happier topics, the last two weeks were mostly focused on premier week.

The Office - Strong out of the gate as always. It was a nice throw back to the earlier episodes that just focus on the going-ons at Dunder Mifflin Scranton. Dwight, Andy and Michael OWNED the cold open!

Big Bang Theory - I was so excited for season 3 to start. I got into this show at the end of last spring and up until that point only saw season 1 and clips of season 2 offline. When this premier finally rolled around I was giddy! And it certainly delivered! I do feel a little weird about Penny and Leonard being together. As much as I hate to admit it I've become a little bit of Penny/Sheldon shipper. That probably has more to do with me wanting Leonard for myself. Another great appearance by Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother.

House - HOLY CRAP! Okay if Hugh Laurie doesn't get an Emmy for season 6 I'm going to think that the whole thing is fixed. The two hour premier was IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE! I wasn't crazy about him and that other woman, I'm a long time Huddy shipper, from the very first episode of season 1. Loved House in the mental institution and his interaction with the other inmates.

Numb3rs - The Premier is tonight, very excited. Finally getting some more in the way of Charlie/Amita.

The Jay Leno Show - I actually enjoy it. More then I enjoyed the 10.00 dramas. It's nice to have some comedy before the ever depressing news. Hopefully it'll work out well. It is basically a pared down version of Jay's Tonight Show. But it has been fun thus far.

Off the top of my head those are the shows I can think of. I'm waiting impatiently for the second half of Burn Notice season 3. Fanfiction for a reason people.

No comments: