Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Sleepy Sunday

Well last night I ended up watching Sudden Death.

It was kind of incredible, a blatant rip off of Die Hard, but incredible never the less.

The Trailer:

Take a look, let me know if anything seems familiar. The movie was a little hard to focus on because I was busy noticing all the ripping off. It wasn't just big things like van Damme tying that thing around his waist and jumping off the roof, but there were little things too in the story line. Kind of like Die Hard on ice.

Started to watch Lethal Weapon after that. I don't know why but I keep starting to watch it and then stopping half way through for some reason or another.

Fell asleep watching HGTV, there's something oddly enjoyable about home shows. Also it keeps me from the strange dreams I get if I fall asleep with the news on.

Woke up briefly this morning and tried to watch CBS Sunday Morning but fell asleep again, which is not an uncommon occurrence. In fact, I go through that routine almost every Sunday.

Been working on reading for school most of the day. A lot of pages for a little point. This one author has an entire theory of how Casablanca is a metaphor for America and the hesitance to enter World War II. It actually made quite a bit of sense to me. But I get annoyed with these classes sometimes, I don't know why we can't ever let a movie just be entertaining. Why does everything have to have this secret meaning? Sometimes it is interesting, I love the whole back/in story with Citizen Kane, with why the sled was called Rosebud and how Hearst made sure that the movie didn't win any Oscars. At the same time why can't we just take things for what they are and not try to shove them into these big metaphorical realms.

Watched a bit of the Bond marathon on USA, but didn't stay with it too long. They weren't showing any of my favorites until later. Golden Eye was on. This movie has special meaning for me because it was my first in theatre Bond and it was also the first new Bond of my generation. I've loved James Bond movies since I was about 7. My grandpa had most of them on VHS and on Sundays my siblings and I would watch them. This set off my spy phase which meant me running around in all black, with my "spy kit" and calling myself Jane Bond, 006, James' sister.

After that I just threw the news on while I finished up some reading for school and waited for Khole and Kourtney Take Miami. I cannot explain my fascination with this show, all I can say for sure is that it is there and I like watching it. Threw on some Law and Order CI after that, just in time for a little D'Onofrio.

Not sure what I'll put on now, probably just something random that I can fall asleep to. We'll see what tomorrow brings me.

Sweet Geeks

--Geek Girl

No comments: