Saturday, August 29, 2009

Movies for School

I love being a film student. A big part of our curriculum is watching movies. Can't do better than that!

So today I watched Memento. A movie that I had heard about but never had a real desire to see. But for my script analysis class I had to. It actually wasn't that bad, a bit strange but interesting in its ways. The main character Leonard has a short term memory problem and can't remember anything past his wife's murder. But things aren't as they seem and the only thing he has to go on are notes, tattoos on his body and Polaroids. Worth seeing:



The other movie I watched for today was Casablanca. Which was of course incredible, it's Casablanca! A nice reminder of what the film industry was once capable of. I had seen bits and pieces over the years but never actually sat down and watched the whole thing. Until today that is. A great film, recommended for one and all:


Also watched Hocus Pocus! A favorite from childhood. Found it for $9 at Wal-Mart and just couldn't resist. Really just put me in the mood for Halloween.


Of course Hocus Pocus put me in the mood for Bette Midler so I put on First Wives Club. However, this is just putting me in the mood for a Goldie Hawn movie so I foresee Banger Sisters in the near future or Foul Play (Depending on my mood). Of course I still have Sudden Death to watch from Netflix. It's an action movie with Jean Claude van Damme that takes place at a Penguins game in the 90s. The trailer is basically a Die Hard rip off. Similar shots, same song. Still excited to watch it because of my love of hockey and action movies.

That's all for this moment in time.
On the off chance that someone reads this, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

--Geek Girl

No comments: