Saturday, February 24, 2007

O'Bothered

So I was heading over to YouTube as per my usual Saturday night of doing nothing. In hopes of finding something of a humorus nature to watch I instead came across something called "Open Letter to the Rosie O'Donnell's of the World". I confess being interested. I clicked on the video and found a very well articulated man explaining his point of view and well controlled anger at the rather brash talk show host. Apparently she did a rather discouraging imitation of speaking Japenese. Not being a fan of The View I hadn't know about this. Also it hadn't been broadcast quite as much because for a change it wasn't Rosie calling someone else names.

For a self-proclaimed champion of those who she feels worthy of speaking against I was surprised that there hasn't been any response from her. I think that she was completely out of line to do such an unapologetic impression. I know that I feel annoyed when I see poor impressions of Americans. Also getting on my nerves is just Rosie in general. I'm surprised that we've gotten this far without another feud. First she goes after Kelly Ripa (seriously? It wouldn't matter who put their hand over my mouth I would remove it. You don't know where people have been.) Then she gets mad about Trump giving that beauty queen a second chance. While I think that beauty pagents just perpetuate girls feeling bad about themselves because they don't look like Barbie dolls. Trump giving this woman a second chance is a good example that there is such thing as understanding in this world (although it might have skipped a certain morning talk show host). Don't even get me started about how she is constantly going after Bush. I don't know why everyone thinks that constant complaining will get anything done. If you want something done you need organization and a well structured arguement that examines both sides of the topic. While I don't necessarily agree with everything that Bush does I do think that he deserves the respect that is afforded to the President of our country. Hell people still respected Clinton and he was doing the nasty with interns IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Of course that's just what I think. I could be wrong. But I'm okay with my views. I'm not trying to jam them down anyone's throat, I'm just saying.

How about something we can all agree on? The media giving such a ridiculously amount of focus to Spears shaving her head and going in and out of rehab. Also the whole insane trial over Anna Nicole's body. While I do feel bad for Anna Nicole and her family, I do think that we should be reporting on, oh I don't know, THE NEWS? Remember the news? Some former pop star (who wasn't all that great, I could live without ever having heard the song Toxic) acting crazy, who cares? I think a lot of people are getting sick of both these topics.

That's all for now. Let me know what you think. All two people who read this...

1 comment:

Cory Wiegersma said...

I think the media in general is a bit of a botheration, but I doubt that there's any real changes that could be made by little ol' me.
I find it especially disturbing that celebrities are allowed to just say whatever they want, and have it accepted as fact or to have nobody contest it in a way that people in the mainstream will actually hear about it.

Among other random thoughts, the new color scheme is quite visually extreme. I'm still hallucinating little green text demons dancing in the rivers of yellow and red.

doo dee doo.