Monday, January 15, 2007

Golden Globe Night

I should not be aloud to watch award shows. It's as simple as that. Emotional is not a word that is used to describe me. Sarcastic, cynical, witty, loud. Those are the words that describe me. However when I watch an award show, any award show I start to blubber like a little girl with a skinned knee. So tonight I reluctantly turned on the Golden Globes because my best friend in PA was watching before me, obviously, it was on there because of the time difference. She told me to turn it on at a certain time because someone cool won. I of course listened to her and put it on in time to see Hugh Laurie recieving his award. After that I was hooked.

My favorite acceptence speech aside from Hugh's was America Ferrera's speech, anyone who watched that and felt nothing is truly lacking some emotion because she deserved it and was so genuinely grateful for the award. So there are four stages I go through when watching these things.

1) Why am I watching this? I promised myself last time that I wouldn't do this again. I have a stack of Kids in the Hall dvds that need to be watched but I leave this on. I know how it's going to end, me in tears.

2) Crying. I never cry. Never. I've cried maybe three times in the past couple of months. When Grandma died, when I saw the movie Bobby, and the last time I had a panic attack. I don't know what it is about award shows. It might be because it's what I'm striving for and what I'll be dreaming about when I start my film classes tomorrow.

3) Image. With in the first couple of minutes of watching these programs I begin to imagine what I would say were I ever to win any award. Which would require me getting a movie made. If school goes well, internships happen and I continue to write the way I have been might happen some day.

4) A Repeat of Why? I finish watching it and again I go "Why did I just do that?"


Well it's over now. I'm settling in with a little NewsRadio (Thanks to the buy one get one free DVD sale going on at Barnes and Noble) and staying calm (no panic attacks tonight). First day of classes tomorrow. Lets see how ASU works for me.

--Sara

1 comment:

Cory Wiegersma said...

Hmm... I didn't even k now there was an award show coming around. I watch TV lots. ;)

I hope you have a great first day of classes today!