Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Loyalty, or Lack There of in the Last G/E CI

“In New York City’s war on crime, the worst criminal offenders are pursued by the detectives of the Major Case Squad. These are their stories.” Doink Doink.





Spoilers follow, FYI.





Seriously, last chance here.






Loyalty part 2 just finished here. The last Goren/Eames episode. Well, it was suppose to be Goren/Eames but some how amidst the elementary plot (that would’ve been found in season 1 of the show and should not have been used for season 9) Nichols and his new partner. A smattering of Goren and Eames here and there. Everything seemed rushed. The plot line with Danny Ross was hurried along in Loyalty part 1, the Captain was quickly dispatched with. There's not much else to say, everything was rushed to make way for the successors.


I’m just flabbergasted and disappointed by these two episodes. I mean this is the show that gave us the most amazing episodes with the character of Nicole Wallace. The plot lines with Gage, which were fantastic. The episode “Untethered” ALONE spoke volumes to the incredible stories and acting capable of those involved with this show. Or how about “Endgame” or “Frame” or “Purgatory” But these two episodes were such a cop out. Both were an insult to Vincent D’Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe, everything built up in the last 9 years, and the fans. Chris Noth was given a better send off.


It seems like they completely disregarded everything that had happened. A staple of every episode (except for precious few) gave us an incredible scene in the interrogation room.


Only a few things I did enjoy:

Bobby’s line “Tie me up, do what you want to me, but don’t question how I feel about my country.”

The last scene between Goren and Eames. Okay. This was the only really good scene in the whole thing. I’m not a Goren/Eames shipper, but I liked their moment. I think that the characters love each other but I just never saw romantic love between them. Partners and best friends I can see easily.


Overall though, just a massive disappointment. Criminal Intent and I are finished unless they ever have a guest spot for VDO or Kathryn Erbe.


What it was, was great and that will be missed.



No comments: