Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emmy Night part 2

Some surprises and some disappointments.

Two delightful moments though:

1. Late Night with Conan O'Brien won for outstanding writing. Fangirl-gasm. I'm still beyond words excited. I really can't say much more on it because I'm not sure what to say because it's just so wonderful for that writing staff to finally get recognized after 14 years on the air.

2. The Sopranos. How great for them that their last season brought them an Emmy. Also there was an awesome tribute to the show with music provided by the B'way show Jersey Boys. What a great way to end their 6 season run.


Okay. Seacrest not the world's greatest host (my love remains with Conan), Jon Cryer should've gotten the Emmy, and a little disappointed by some of the others. Please God give me one awards show that doesn't involve Al Gore. Focus a show that awards entertainment with... oh I don't know... the entertainers. Just a thought.
Really happy for James Spader winning the best actor, although I still would've liked to see it go to Hugh Laurie or James Gandalfini.


All in all it was an alright show.

No comments: